Operations Assistant Coordinator
1. Main functions of the post:
- Providing administrative and clerical support to the Operations and Finance team;
- Contributing to effective operational and financial procedures;
- Providing support to operations team on human resources paperwork administrative tasks and reporting processes.
2. Duties and Responsibilities:
The selected candidate will work under the guidance of the relevant Chief Operations Officer and reports to the Director of Operations, and shall be responsible for (in addition to the above-mentioned):
- following the contract process (drafting, circulating and archiving) in particular for EED consultants in the countries of the EED mandate;
- following up on the suppliers historical balance (liaising with suppliers and EED team);
- updating the contracts database (consultant, companies, suppliers..);
- updating the events/mission database;
- issuing the monthly timesheets (drafting, circulating and archiving);
- contributing to the analytical breakdown;
- supporting Operations team on the budget execution reports;
- supporting the Operations team for the audit processes;
- supporting budgetary reports, as required, including for the EC and other donors;
- ensuring archiving of the accounting documents;
- ensuring archiving of the working and consultant contracts;
- performing other tasks for the Operations Team and the Director of Operations as required.
3. Key eligibility and selection criteria
A. Conditions for eligibility:
- preferably be a national or having permanent residence permit of one of the EU/EEA countries or Switzerland;
- be entitled to his/her full rights as a citizen;
- have completed any obligations imposed on him/her by the laws concerning military service;
- be physically fit to perform his/her duties.
B. Essential selection criteria
Level and type of formal education:
- degree in Accountancy, Economics, Finance, International Affairs, Social Science, Law, International Development or related discipline
- at least two years of proven full-time professional experience in finance and/or operational issues.
- experience in working with democracy-support donors would be an advantage.
- experience in working in a multi-cultural non-profit sector.
- full professional working knowledge of English (including ability to draft quality reports for donors);
- French and/or Dutch language working knowledge would be a significant asset;
- solid ICT skills, especially in Microsoft Excel;
- high drive for detail and precision;
- ability to keep full confidentiality about all assigned tasks and related documentation as well as capacity to exercise confidentiality, discretion and tact when dealing with diverse groups of people;
- high degree of communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills;
- ability to develop strong working relationships internally and externally at all levels;
- high personal and professional culture;
- ability to work in a multicultural environment;
Please make sure you meet all required qualifications and experience before applying. Applicants must upload a cover letter, a CV (in the Europass format), and contact information for three references via the EED website.
Failure to submit these three documents shall result in the exclusion of the applicant concerned from the selection procedure.
Applications should be made online using “Apply for this job” link on this page. After successfully submitting your application you will receive an automatic email confirming receipt of your application.
Applications should be submitted no later than 20 July 2019, midnight (Brussels time). Interviews will be planned in Brussels for short-listed candidates. A written test may be organised.
The applications will not be returned to candidates but will be kept on file by the EED. The information provided in the applications is subject to EU legislation on protection of personal data and confidentiality of information.
5. Terms of contract
EED is not an international organisation or EU institution and its employment contracts are fully based on Belgian Employment Law.
Indicative NET salary is around €2,200 per month with standard benefits foreseen under Belgian labour law (meal vouchers, 13th month salary etc.).
An initial contract of two years will be offered, followed by renewal subject to satisfactory performance and available funds. Currently funding is foreseen for this position for a period of 3 years maximum.
Expected start day at EED: September/October 2019
Working place: EED Secretariat located in the centre of Brussels, Belgium.