HR and Team Coordinator
EED – European Endowment for Democracy
The European Endowment for Democracy is looking for a committed and experienced
HR and Team Coordinator
To join its Secretariat in July 2019
Deadline for applications: 12 May 2019
The European Endowment for Democracy (EED) is an independent, grant-making organisation, established in 2013 by the European Union (EU) and EU member states to foster democracy in the countries of the European Neighbourhood and beyond.
Since its inception, EED has provided over 500 grants and evolved into a vibrant, innovative and respected member of the democracy support community. EED funds a vast array of pro-democracy actors including human rights and political activists, pro-democratic movements, civil society organisations, independent journalists and media.
1. Main functions of the post:
- Supporting the development and implementation of EED’s HR strategy and providing support in various human resource functions, which include recruitment, staffing, training and development, performance monitoring (65%)
- supporting EED’s operations and administration (35%)
2. Duties and Responsibilities:
The Human Resources and Team Coordinator reports directly to EED’s Executive Director and Director of Operations of and shall be responsible for (in addition to the above-mentioned):
2.A HR tasks
- Updating the Staff Manual and job descriptions; keeping and maintaining personnel records
- Supporting the implementation of EED’s appraisal system and conducting periodic job satisfaction surveys
- Coordinating the selection process of new EED staff members (establishing long list, arranging written tests, arranging interviews, supporting the preparation of contracts)
- Monitoring changes of the Belgian labour law and regulations
- Advising on possibilities for professional development of EED Staff, principally trainings
- Serving as first aid and fire alert person and emergency contact with EED Staff and their families
- Organising induction programmes for new employees and overseeing EED leavers’ procedure
- Managing EED supplementary health insurance
- Liaising with other insurances (civil responsibility insurance; mandatory safety work insurance)
- Managing contracts of EED translators
- Supporting preparation of contracts with EED country consultants
- Filling in leaves every month (using net salary software) to release the salaries to EED staff
- Managing timesheets and EED staff holidays
- Ordering meal vouchers at Sodexo
- Coordinating the process of obtaining work permits for new staff
- Preparing and monitoring visa requests
- Managing contracts with EED Interns (including liaising with Bruxelles Formation)
2.B Team Coordinator tasks
- Supporting the team in audit preparations
- Processing invoices and executing payments in Isabel
- Coordinating work of translators contracted by EED
- Liaising with the office’s landlord and other service providers
- Managing cleaning services
- Ordering stationery and office equipment
- Making travel arrangements for members of the Executive Committee, EED staff members, contracted experts and meeting attendees; arranging for cost-effective travel connections, making multiple bookings, hotel reservations, local transportation and insurance, where applicable
- Organising and overseeing EED events (liaising with communication team)
- Back-up of EED Office Coordinator
- Performing other tasks for the Executive Director and/or the Director of Operations as required.
3. Key eligibility and selection criteria
3.A Conditions for eligibility:
- preferably be a national or having permanent residence permit of one of the EU/EEA countries or Switzerland;
- be entitled to his/her full rights as a citizen;
- have completed any obligations imposed on him/her by the laws concerning military service;
- produces the appropriate character references as to his/her suitability for the performance of his/her duties;
- be physically fit to perform his/her duties;
- hold, or be in a position to obtain, a valid Personnel Security Clearance Certificate (national or EU PSC at CONFIDENTIAL and/or EU SECRET level).\
3.B Essential selection criteria
Level and type of formal education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Social Science or related discipline;
- At least three (3) years of proven full-time professional experience in human resources
- Sound knowledge of the Belgian labour legislation
- Fluent in English (working language of EED)
- Fluent in French (administrative language of EED), a good knowledge of Dutch is an asset;
experience in working in an international environment
- experience in working in NGO (preferably Belgian one) or similar organisation
- provide at least three (3) references as to the suitability for the performance of duties.
- Trustworthy and discreet;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment;
- Ability to work on your own;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
Please make sure you meet all required qualifications and experience before applying. Applicants must upload a cover letter, a CV in the Europass format, and contact information for three (3) references. Failure to submit these three documents shall result in the exclusion of the applicant concerned from the selection procedure.
Applications should be made online using “apply” button on this page. After successfully submitting your application you will receive an automatic email confirming receipt of your application. Please no phone calls/emails/letters.
Applications should be submitted no later than 12 May 2019, 12 midnight (Brussels time).
The applications will not be returned to candidates but will be kept on file by the EED. The information provided in the applications is subject to EU legislation on protection of personal data and confidentiality of information.
5.Terms of contract
EED is not an international organisation or EU institution and its employment contracts are fully based on Belgian Employment Law.
Indicative GROSS salary may range from approximately €3,876 to €4,080 per month depending on experience, plus competitive personal benefits (please note that this is subject to Belgian tax and social security).
An initial contract of two years will be offered. This contract will be followed by an indefinite contract, subject to satisfactory performance and available funds.
Expected start day at EED: 1 July 2019
Working place: EED Secretariat located in the centre of Brussels, Belgium.